Whether your company is initiating a safety program or looking to make the jump to a world-class program, the 2013 Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) will provide you with a valuable road map to success.
Participating in STEP provides you with an opportunity to measure your company's safety program progress, seek ways to improve it, and benchmark your performance with fellow ABC members.The STEP application can be completed online for all gold, silver, bronze and participant level and platinum applicants paying by credit card. Otherwise, you can download and fill out the STEP Application booklet. If you need assistance while filling out the application, please contact the ABCIL office at 847-709-2960 or 217-523-4692.
- Gives an organized approach to analyze and further develop your company's safety and loss prevention program.
- Offers an objective method to measure your company's safety program improvements from year to year.
- Enables you to benchmark your firm's safety record with similar companies and industry advantages.
- Provides your company with safety performance recognition that can be used as an important business development tool with potential clients.
- Helps reduce your company's incidence rates and day away, restricted or transferred (DART) rates.
- Helps lower your company's experience modification rate (EMR or "mod factor"), which can lower annual workers' compensation insurance rates.
Please have your STEP Applications returned to the ABCIL office (1541 Elmhurst Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007; Attn: Brittany Dowell) by June 28th. There will be a STEP Awards Ceremony for all participants.